Author Notes: Brie baked in pastry is fairly common party fare. The addition of the raspberries and especially the rosemary make this dish something truly special. - katylua
- 1/2 cup raspberry preserves
- 1/4 cup raspberries, fresh
- 1 teaspoon fresh rosemary leaves, minced
- Ground black pepper
- 1 sheet frozen puff pastry (half of a 17.3-oz. package), thawed
- 1 13-ounce brie round (approx. 6-7" in diameter)
- 1 large egg, beaten
- Crackers, baguette slices, grapes
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- In a small bowl, blend the preserves, raspberries and rosemary. Season with ground pepper (to taste).
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out the pastry dough to make a 12" square.
- Cut off the top rind of the cheese wheel. Discard the rind.
- Place the brie (rindless side up) in the center of the pastry, and spoon the raspberry mixture on top of the cheese.
- Starting with two opposite corners, fold twos sides of the pastry over the cheese.
- Brush the remaining two sides with egg glaze, and fold over the cheese. Press seams to seal, and brush the pastry with egg glaze.
- Place the pastry-wrapped cheese on a baking sheet, and bake in the preheated oven until the pastry turns golden brown: approx. 30 minutes. Note: The top of the pastry may split open during the baking process.
- Once removed from the oven, allow the dish to cool on the backing sheet for 20 minutes. Place baked cheese on a serving platter, and serve with crackers, toasted baguette slices and grapes.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Raspberries