If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I make a miso glaze for cod frequently, decided to give it a try with raspberry syrup. The sweet tart raspberry syrup with, mirin and light miso and brightened by lime go very well together. I served with a frisee and raspberry salad dressed simply with salt, pepper and vinegar. (In keeping with the theme I used Raspberry white balsamic on the salad. I recommend using fresh cod not frozen and thawed for this recipe. If you use frozen make sure its dried well before adding the glaze. —sdebrango
Raspberry Miso Glaze
- The Raspberry Syrup
- 1/2 pint Raspberry
- 1 tablespoon Sugar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- The Glaze
- 3-4 tablespoons Raspberry syrup (add 3 tbs and taste if you like stronger raspberry taste add more)
- 1/4 cup Mirin
- 1/4 cup Light or white Miso
- 1/4 teaspoon Lime Zest
- Pepper 3 turns of the mill, used Black,white,green and pink.
- Juice of 1/2 lime
- In saucepan add raspberries,sugar and honey. Cook for approximately 5 minutes. Remove from heat and strain through sieve. Put 3 Tbs back in saucepan and add mirin,miso, lime zest and pepper. Stir together and cook until reduced by half should be thick about the consistency of honey. Remove from the stove and squeeze the juice of 1/2 lime into the glaze.
Cooking the Cod
- 4 Cod filet (pat dry with paper towel)
- Olive Oil for baking sheet
- Kosher or sea salt
- Pre-heat your oven to broil, Brush sheet pan with olive oil, place cod filet on sheet pan and sprinkle with salt, brush each filet generously with glaze. Place in broiler for 7-8 minutes depending on thickness of your fish. The top of the cod will be nicely browned and the inside will be opaque. Remove from oven and cover with foil. Before serving brush a little more glaze on top of fish.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Raspberries
Genius Recipes for a Genius Labor Day
Beans! Pimento cheese! pies!
Genius recipes for a genius Labor Day.
Ways to a money-saving kitchen.
Alice Waters's favorite tools.
The Hudson Valley's where it's at.
Get your shine on.