If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Any berry and lemon combination is favorite of mine for summer. This is a nice moist cake thats light and refreshing and not too sweet. I make this vegan by using vegan butter, soymilk, and a non-dairy yogurt (or applesauce). Trust me, no one would ever know it's vegan. - thesinglebite
- 1/3 cup Soymilk
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Fresh Lemon Juice
- 1 1/2 cups All Purpose Flour
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt
- 2 teaspoons Baking Powder
- 1/4 cup Vegan Butter (preferably Earth Balance), softened
- 1/2 cup Sugar
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 1/3 cup Vanilla Yogurt or Unsweetened Applesauce
- 2 teaspoons Lemon Zest
- 1 cup Fresh Raspberries
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix the soymilk and lemon juice in a small bowl and set aside.
- Sift flour, baking powder, and salt together into a bowl. Set aside.
- Add butter, sugar, vanilla to a large bowl. With a hand mixer, beat on low speed until smooth.
- Add yogurt, soy milk mixture and lemon zest. Beat on low speed until everything is mixed.
- Gradually add in flour mixture and continuing beating on low for about 30 seconds more.
- Pour into a lightly greased 9x9 inch baking pan.
- Arrange raspberries on top, lightly pressing into the batter.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Raspberries
A Genius Dinner Party: Part 2
Of course, it involves no-knead pizza dough.
A genius dinner party: part 2
A list of things we like.
Home & design links we love.
Fact: Kids love pizza.
Mortar and pestle perfection.