If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Substituting raspberries for the coffee flavoring in a traditional tiramisu works really well.....the raspberries are both sweet and tart and refreshing.!This recipe was adapted from the Yeshivah of Flatbush Taste Cookbook. I like the idea of a giant parfait but you could easily make individual parfaits. A great way to end a 4th of July Celebration. —Joy Betesh
- 1 cup fresh raspberris
- 8 ounces cream cheese at room temperature
- 1 1/4 cups sugar divided
- 1 pint heavy cream
- 2 heaping tablespoons confectioner sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup freshly squeezed orange juice
- 1-2 packages ladyfingers
- 1 glass bowl on a stand or 8 parfait dishes
- Puree raspberries in a food processor and then strain into a small bowl and discard seeds.
- Beat the cream cheese with 1/2 cup of the sugar till smooth and creamy. In another bowl beat the heavy cream adding in the confectioners sugar and almond extract till peaks form. Fold the whipped cream into the cream cheese mixture or use the lowest speed of an electric mixture to make sure there are no lumps. Fold in the pureed raspberries mixing till combined.
- In a saucepan combine the 3/4 cup of sugar, orange juice and water and bring to a boil and cool.
- To assemble "Rasimisu" dip the flat side of the ladyfingers into the cooled syrup and line the bowl with the ladyfingers and also the bottom of the bowl. Spoon 1/2 the cream filling into the bowl. Put another layer of dipped ladyfingers on top of the cream filling and finish the last layer with the cream. Refrigerate for a few hours before serving. Garnish with fresh raspberries.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Raspberries
This Week's Best #F52Farmstands
Cheese peppers, grapes, and more
This week's best #F52farmstands.
Get baking this Labor Day.
Meet 2015's best sellers.
Make these recipes before it's too late.
Storage made crystal clear.