If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I know my mom didn't create this recipe, but i grew up with toffee bars as a staple and she may have too. regardless of its origins i count this as one of my favorite family classics. —naomi
Serves approximately 24 bars
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips (6oz)
- 1 cup chopped walnuts/pecans
- grease pan
- cream butter, sugar, vanilla, mix in flour
- stir in 1/2 of chocolate chips and 3/4 nuts
- press into bottom of a sided cookie sheet
- bake at 350 for 25 minutes
- sprinkle with the rest of chocolate chips while still warm and spread evenly
- sprinkle remaining nuts on top
- cut while warm
- This recipe is a Community Pick!
You Can Have It All
Well, at least your zucchini bread—er, cake—can
Zucchini cake is everything you want.
The dreamiest foods around.
Burnt Toast: Episode 13
A can-do tool.