If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I know my mom didn't create this recipe, but i grew up with toffee bars as a staple and she may have too. regardless of its origins i count this as one of my favorite family classics. —naomi
Serves approximately 24 bars
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips (6oz)
- 1 cup chopped walnuts/pecans
- grease pan
- cream butter, sugar, vanilla, mix in flour
- stir in 1/2 of chocolate chips and 3/4 nuts
- press into bottom of a sided cookie sheet
- bake at 350 for 25 minutes
- sprinkle with the rest of chocolate chips while still warm and spread evenly
- sprinkle remaining nuts on top
- cut while warm
- This recipe is a Community Pick!
Finger Foods for the Fourth
The best summer appetizers
Finger foods for the Fourth.
Warning: You might be offended.
Savor the season.
Bagel and lox, in a salad.
A board to go nuts over.