If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I was cooking for a community collective cooking class, the topic was beans. I was looking for a tasty dessert incorporating this cheap and healthy ingredient. I found it on 101cookbooks, but needed a less complicated recipe- and so here it is! —Myrite
Makes 12-24 brownies
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 can of black beans
- 1 tablespoon instant coffee
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1 cup crushed walnuts
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 3 eggs
- 1 tablespoon ground flax seed
- a splashes water
- dashes salt
- 1 packet chocolate chips/dark chocolate
- 4 tablespoons canola oil
- preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease an 8 by 8 square baking dish.
- Mix the flax with a splash of water until it becomes an "eggy" consistency. (For vegan recipes you can replace eggs with three times flax mixture)
- crush the walnuts into small peices in blender or by hand, and set aside. Melt the chocolate in the microwave for 40 seconds or on double broiler.
- Combine the rinsed black beans, flax egg, melted chocolate,eggs, oil, cocoa powder, salt, vanilla extract, sugar, and instant coffee in a blender; blend until smooth.
- Place mixture into 8 by 8 greased baking dish. Top with crushed walnuts and place in the oven for 30 minutes.Enjoy!
You Pinned, We Listened
This Month's Top 10 Pinterest Recipes
This month's most pinned recipes.
Food blog links we love.
7 food-filled honeymoons.
The best camping foods.
Savor the season.