If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: These truffles use raspberry puree instead of cream to make the ganache which gives them an intense raspberry flavor and also happens to make them vegan. They are sure to please vegans and non-vegans alike. —Couldn't Be Parve
Makes approximately 40
Chocolate Raspberry Truffles
- 6.5 ounces bittersweet or semisweet chocolate
- 1/2 cup raspberry puree (see below for recipe)
- 1 ounce (2 tbs) vegetable oil
- cocoa powder for dusting
- Finely chop the chocolate and place it in a heat proof bowl. Combine the raspberry puree and oil and heat it until almost boiling. (This can be done in the microwave or in a small pan on the stove. Stir frequently if using the stove)
- Pour the hot puree over the chocolate and let stand for 5 minutes. Whisk or stir gently until completely combined and smooth. If some chocolate remains unmelted microwave the mixture in 10 second intervals, stirring well each time, until all the chocolate is melted and the mixture is smooth.
- Pour the chocolate mixture into a shallow bowl or pan and refrigerate until firm, at least one hour.
- Using a small scoop or spoon roll small balls of the chilled ganache. Coat the balls in cocoa powder and serve at room temperature. Store any leftovers in the refrigerator.
- 12 ounces raspberries, fresh or frozen (defrosted if frozen)
- Blend raspberries in a food processor or blender until pureed. Strain through a fine mesh sieve, using a spoon to press as much of the puree through as possible. Discard solids. There may be more puree than needed for this recipe, save the rest for another use.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Holiday Confection
Quick! Make these summery recipes while there's still time
Make these recipes before it's too late.
Our staff's best storage tips.
Meet 2015's best sellers.
This week's #happylist.
Storage made crystal clear.