If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: We love cool and creamy desserts or desserts with fruit and this dessert combines the best of both worlds. In the winter, we have been known to use the frozen triple berry blend, but we always add an extra package of the red raspberries. But right now, with the berries at their freshest...mmmm
Goes great with the raspberry chipotle flank steak! —lorigoldsby
For the sorbet
- 3/4 cup water or raspberry soda (I used Hansen's)
- 1 3/4 cups sugar (1/4 c. less, if using soda)
- 1 small lemon, juiced
- 2 tablespoons raspberry liqueur (I used Chambord)
- 3 pints red raspberries
For the Fruit Salsa and Nachos
- 12 flour tortillas
- cinnamon sprinkles (1T. each of cinnamon, sugar and 1 t. cardamon)
- 1 pint red raspberries
- 1/2 pint each of blackberries, blueberries, strawberries
- 1 white peach, diced
- 1 teaspoon each of cinnamon and cardamon
- 10 mint leaves
- 1 fresh limes, zested and juiced
- chocolate sauce for drizzling (I used my recipe from my chololate-carmel concrete)
- to make the sorbet: Boil the water (or soda) and sugar to dissolve...approx 2 minutes to let the carbonation burn off. cool completely and add lemon juice and liqueur.
- Puree 3 pints of raspberries in food processor, strain with a fine mesh seive. Process according to your machine directions.
- for the fruit salsa: muddle 5 of the mint leaves with the lime juice. Add cinnamon and cardamon. Mash 1/2 of the fruit into the juice mixture
- Add rest of the fruit. Chiffonade remaining mint leaves.
- Slice tortillas into 6 pieces each. On a baking stone, lay pieces in a single layer and sprinkle water onto each one. Sprinkle cinnamon sugar mixture on top of water. Bake at 400 for 5 minutes or until golden brown.
- to prepare platter: line platter with "nacho chips" Add 3-4 scoops of raspberry sorbet, drizzle fruit salsa and chocolate sauce on top.
- Dig out your old Prince album...it's probably still in your walkman in the basement. C'mon...you know you've been humming it the whole time you've been reading!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Raspberries
Toppings That Are out of the Park
How to make one haute dog
Hot dogs made better.
Your poolside essentials.