If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I created this recipe because my daughters adore berries and we do not eat cow dairy due to one of my girl's allergies. I also adore key lime pie. Mix those three needs together, and our Raspberry Lime Parfait was born!
In the picture there are cherries on the top. This was just to satisfy my four-year-old!
I like to keep the berries as raspberries only in this parfait and really let them shine. I think they deserve the spotlight, though we happily eat all the berries we can get around this house.
The amounts in the recipe are a bit general, because you are using the three parts to build a layered parfait. Layer as many berries in the two creams as you can and enjoy! —MaggieD
- 2 avocados
- 2 limes
- 2-4 tablespoons Honey
- 1 package goat cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 pint fresh raspberries
- 1. Put the juice of two fresh limes, the flesh of two whole avocados, and 2 to 4 tablespoons of fresh, local honey into a food processor. Blend until smooth. The puree can be as sweet as the palate of the person making it desires. We use about two tablespoons.
- Put the package of goat cheese, along with at least two tablespoons of water into the stand mixer. The water is also approximate. Blend with the whisk attachment until the goat cheese is soft and smooth. The water is just enough to make it thinner, a similar consistency to the avocado-lime puree. Thicker than pancake batter but not as thick as muffin batter.
- Compose the parfaits in a clear glass. Add a hearty scoop of the lime/avocado puree, a layer of raspberries, a healthy scoop of goat cheese, a layer of raspberries and repeat until the parfaits are full. Add many raspberries as they are the star of the dish, and the goat cheese's strong flavor and lime puree just enhance the berries.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Raspberries
Genius Recipes for a Genius Labor Day
Beans! Pimento cheese! pies!
Genius recipes for a genius Labor Day.
Ways to a money-saving kitchen.
Alice Waters's favorite tools.
The Hudson Valley's where it's at.
Get your shine on.