If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I love infusing my own vodkas from cucumber to cinnamon to black pepper. Pairing them with foods is even more fun than infusing them. This subtly sweet and spicy cocktail pairs incredibly well with stir fry dishes and sushi. Serve this sugar cane and ginger infused vodka up and ice cold on a hot day for a refreshing treat.
http://myfarefoodie.blogspot.com/2011/06/sugar-cane-and-ginger-infused-vodka.html - MyFareFoodie
Makes 8 ounces (2 martinis)
- 8 ounces Vodka
- 1 Sugar cane, split
- 1 Ginger root, peeled
- Pour your favorite vodka into a pitcher or carafe.
- Either split the sugar cane in half, or peel it. I used a hammer and chisel to split it right down the middle. Peel the ginger root. Add sugar cane and ginger to the vodka.
- Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Serve up in a martini glass. Should there be any infused vodka remaining, remove the sugar cane and ginger and store in the freezer. Enjoy!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Poolside Cocktail
You're the Best, Forget the Rest
The World's 50 Best Restaurants have nothin' on these recipes.
The best restaurant? Your kitchen.
Orecchiette with a bite.
Treats for your beach bag.
These are mmmpanadas.
You won't be board with this game.