If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I came up with this tart recipe after a trip to California where I was completely inundated with avocados. It seemed as if an avocado snuck onto every single plate that I had while I was there. For this recipe, the avocados don't have to sneak around - instead they have a starring role.
Serves about 8
- 1 Store bought cornmeal pizza crust
- 4 ounces Goat cheese, room temperature
- 1/4-1/2 cups Cream or milk
- 3-4 Avocados
- Fresh lemon or lime juice
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cilantro for garnish
- Bake the cornmeal crust according to the package instructions.
- In a mixing bowl, combine room temperature goat cheese with cream or milk and mix to smooth out to a creamy texture. Spread an even layer of goat cheese on the cornmeal crust once it has cooled.
- Halve the avocados, remove the pits, peel the skin, and slice lengthwise into equal size pieces. Sprinkle with lemon or lime juice to prevent browning. I once read that cooking spray has the same effect as lemon juice, so that can be used as well. This will lack the acidic taste, however. Arrange slices over the tart in a decorative manner. Season with salt and pepper and garnish with cilantro, if desired. Enjoy!
Go Greek (Yogurt)
The secret to lighter, tangier whipped cream
Yogurt whipped cream: your new go-to.
Bagel and lox, in a salad.
Savor the season.
Tennessee whiskey is the tops.
Orange you sweet.