If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This (for me) came out of having some really spicy ginger beer laying around in the fridge after a microbeer and microsoda trip in an all day roadtrip taken around Long Island about 15 years ago. It's similiar to a shandy, but not. I like using a Belgian White Ale (that has a hint of coriander in it) to go along with the ginger beer and squeeze a bit of fresh orange or lime juice into the mix also. Feel free to fiddle with the proportions to get it to your liking. - testkitchenette
- 1 bottle Blue Moon Belgian White Ale (or your brand of choice)
- 4-6 oz. Reed's Ginger Beer (can be found at Trader Joe's and interchanged with your favorite brand)
- squeeze of orange or lime juice
- In a large glass (I find that a wheat beer glass works best), pour the ginger beer in first and then carefully pour the beer on top of it. Top with a squeeze of orange or lime if you'd like.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Best Beer Cocktail
Recipe of the Day
Grilled Brie Sandwiches With Honey, Pistachio, and Kale Pesto
When I dip, you dip, we dip.
Style with a breeze.
Our herbs could use a helping hand.
Time to Celebrate!
Food52 takes home the gold.