Author Notes: This (for me) came out of having some really spicy ginger beer laying around in the fridge after a microbeer and microsoda trip in an all day roadtrip taken around Long Island about 15 years ago. It's similiar to a shandy, but not. I like using a Belgian White Ale (that has a hint of coriander in it) to go along with the ginger beer and squeeze a bit of fresh orange or lime juice into the mix also. Feel free to fiddle with the proportions to get it to your liking. - testkitchenette
- 1 bottle Blue Moon Belgian White Ale (or your brand of choice)
- 4-6 oz. Reed's Ginger Beer (can be found at Trader Joe's and interchanged with your favorite brand)
- squeeze of orange or lime juice
- In a large glass (I find that a wheat beer glass works best), pour the ginger beer in first and then carefully pour the beer on top of it. Top with a squeeze of orange or lime if you'd like.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Best Beer Cocktail