If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: My sister in law just returned from a spa. After a day of activities like hiking, yoga, and "horse whispering", she indulged herself in a frozen mint lemonade. We both agreed that while it is a great recipe as is, it is so much better with a shot of good rum. - Waverly - Waverly
Food52 Review: Waverly's mojito is delicious and a snap to put together. I don't have a blender anymore so I made the lemonade in the morning and put it along with about a tablespoon of finely chopped mint in my ice cream maker for roughly 15 minutes till it got thick and slushy. I added the rum at the end and served it with a straw and a spoon. We did need to use more lemon juice (as she suggested), but that's a matter of taste. A combination of a great rum drink, lemonade and an " Icee," this was just what we needed at the end of a long 100 degree day. I definitely recommend it as an editors' pick. - drbabs - drbabs
- For Lemonade:
- 3/4 cup organic cane sugar
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup fresh squeezed lemon juice, seeds and pulp strained
- 2 cups ice
- For Frozen Mojito:
- 1/2 cup ice
- 1/2 cup lemonade (recipe above)
- 4 fresh mint leaves
- 1 1/2 -2 ounces good light rum
- MAKE LEMONADE: In a small saucepan, heat the water and sugar over MEDIUM heat. Stir constantly until sugar is dissolved, about 5 minutes. Pour into a pitcher. Add lemon juice and stir to combine. Add water and ice. Adjust the amount of water to your taste if you like. Refrigerate until chilled, 30 minutes. Taste and add more lemon juice if it is too sweet.
- MAKE THE FROZEN MINT MOJITO: In a blender, combine 1/2 cup of the chilled lemonade. Add add, mint leaves, and rum. Blend. Garnish your glass with a sprig of mint and enjoy.
Tags: frozen cocktail
- This recipe is a Community Pick!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Poolside Cocktail
Our latest fixations.
The recipes we've tested and loved.
It's Snack Time
Whiskey Peach Smash
What's in, what's out.
Wedding registry must haves.