If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I had a mojito in mind, just not the original. I was looking for a twist and a kick! The sweetness of the strawberries and the aromatic pungent flavor of the rosemary. The combination was perfect! - Heaven On Hearth
- 2 ounces light rum (white rum like Bacardi or Havana Club)
- juice of 1/2 a lime
- 3 tablespoons aromatic rosemary flavored simple syrup
- 2 ounces club soda
- 2 strawberries quartered and 1 whole for decoration
- 5 leaves of rosemary (optional) and 1 sprig for decoration
- In a large tumbler, squeeze juice of ½ a lime, 3 tablespoons aromatic rosemary flavored simple syrup, 2 strawberries, quartered and muddle, until the strawberries are crushed, leaving a few big bits to release the strawberry flavor.
- Pour 2 ounces of rum into the tumbler, fill with ice cubes, top with 2 ounces of soda, and add the rosemary leaves and stir.
- Cut the remaining strawberry, lengthwise nearly in half and place on the side of the glass add a sprig of rosemary for the final touch before serving.
Aromatic Rosemary Flavored Simple Syrup
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup water
- 1 heaping tablespoon of rosemary leaves
- In a saucepan, bring sugar and water to a boil. Stir to ensure that all the sugar has melted. Add 1 heaping teaspoon of rosemary leaves. Boil for another 5 minutes, then remove from the heat and leave in the hot liquid for another 5 minutes before straining, then just leave to cool. When cooled, pour in a glass bottle and keep refrigerated. Use when needed. This makes 1 cup of minty simple syrup.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Poolside Cocktail
Around the World in 16 Breakfasts
The most important meal of the day, the international way.
Breakfast: a worldly affair.
An Instameet by the Bay (Area).
Wildcard Winner: Texas Tailgate Burger
Prep your pans for perfection.
Stop the soap opera.