Author Notes: My boyfriend and I love to entertain and grill during summer season. We grill anything we can think of either with marinade or dry rub. I got the idea of using chimichurri sauce for the steak when I went to a Cuban/South American restaurant that serves slow roast pulled pork with chimichurri sauce. I thought the combination of meat and herb sauce was heavenly. This recipe can be described as East meets South American/ Cuban as the steak is first seasoned with sesame soy marinade dressing before grilling. The chimichurri sauce adds a touch to brighten the dish. - Skinny bitches
Flank steak marinade
- 1.5-2 pounds flank steak/ london broil
- 1 big ziplock bag
- 1 tablespoon grated ginger root
- 3 cloves garlic, grated
- 1 splash rice wine vinegar
- 2/3 cups soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- a pinches of crack black pepper
- 1 bunch cilantro
- 1 bunch mint
- 1 bunch scallion
- 1 clove garlic, grated
- 1-2 tablespoon juice of a lime
- a drizzle of extra virgin olive oil
- a pints salt
- a pinches crack black pepper
- Heat grill to medium heat before you are ready to grill the meat.
- To marinade the flank steak, mix ginger, garlic, soy sauce, honey, rice wine vinegar, sesame oil, and black pepper in a bowl and whisk them together.
- Put the flank steak in the zip lock bag, then pour the whisked marinade in it. Squeeze all the air out before zip locking the bag and massage the meat. Let meat marinade for 2 hours or as long as over night.
- Grill flank steak for about 3-4 min each side depending on the thickness of the meat, this will be medium rare.
- Once the steak is done grilling, let it sit for 10- 15 min to sear in the juices before slicing it. At this time, you can start making the chimichurri sauce.
- To prepare the chimichurri sauce, mix all the ingredients above in a food processor (except for the extra virgin olive oil) and blend them. Add a drizzle of olive oil while blending until you get a green smooth consistency. This will only take less than 1 minute.
- Slice flank steak and serve with the yumcious green sauce. Enjoy!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Flank Steak