If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This was something I dreamed up because we do a lot of flank steak and we love the South Western flavors.
The rest of the ingredients just echo the flavors of the south west.
I oddly enough do not care for steak, but love this because of the blend of flavors. - jane mcmillan
- 1 1/2 pound flank steak, cut into 4 portions
- 6 ounces beer, Corona is excellent here
- 1 small onion, peeled and quartered
- 2 cloves garlic, smashed
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 small bunch cilantro
- 1 cup crema or sour cream for garnish
- Put the steak in a large gallon zip lock bag.
- Add the rest of the ingredients, except the crema, rotate bag a few times and set in fridge to marinate, I usually do this in the morning for supper that night. During the day I turn the bag over a few times.
- Pre heat grill to medium high, and grill steak to your liking.We like this with a little crema, and a side of yellow rice and refried beans.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Flank Steak