Author Notes: This was something I dreamed up because we do a lot of flank steak and we love the South Western flavors.
The rest of the ingredients just echo the flavors of the south west.
I oddly enough do not care for steak, but love this because of the blend of flavors. - jane mcmillan
- 1 1/2 pound flank steak, cut into 4 portions
- 6 ounces beer, Corona is excellent here
- 1 small onion, peeled and quartered
- 2 cloves garlic, smashed
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 small bunch cilantro
- 1 cup crema or sour cream for garnish
- Put the steak in a large gallon zip lock bag.
- Add the rest of the ingredients, except the crema, rotate bag a few times and set in fridge to marinate, I usually do this in the morning for supper that night. During the day I turn the bag over a few times.
- Pre heat grill to medium high, and grill steak to your liking.We like this with a little crema, and a side of yellow rice and refried beans.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Flank Steak