If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: At a favorite Mediterranean foods store in the DC area I find an abundant variety of flavored couscous. I am particularly fond of the tomato, especially in the before time when the basil is ready and the tomatoes are not. This gets better over time, and I love it cold on a hot summer afternoon. - checker
- 1 cup tomato flavored couscous
- 2 large garlic cloves, roughly chopped
- 1 cup red onion, roughly chopped
- several large handfuls of whatever kind of basil you have, roughly chopped
- olive oil
- salt and pepper
- Bring two cups of water to a boil. Stir in the couscous, cover and remove from the heat. Let stand for 5-10 minutes, or while you prepare your other ingredients.
- In a skillet over medium heat, quickly sauté the chopped garlic and onion for a few minutes to soften lightly and take off some of the edge.
- Once the couscous has absorbed all the liquid, fluff it with a fork and add the sautéed garlic and onions, basil, salt, pepper and a little olive oil to moisten.
- Stir until combined. I recommend serving this with a crumble of goat cheese.
Egyptian Street Food at Home
Spend quality time with The Cairo Kitchen.
The Cairo Kitchen
Boost your Bagel
Fire up the grill.
Dipped Walnut Tongs
Portable picnic snacks.