If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This is the Spouse's spin on Guy Fieri's flank steak with Bloody Mary marinade, in which he (the Spouse, not Guy) uses his own recipe for Bloody Marias, which call for the unique addition of Dijon mustard. In keeping with Amanda and Merrill's instructions, the flank steak isn't salted until just before grilling, and then peppered afterward. Way to go Spouse! - wssmom —wssmom
Food52 Review: Tempting as it was to turn this marinade into a cocktail I stuck to the recipe. And I'm glad I did as this recipe was a hit with the family including some picky teenagers. (I tried not to notice the glint their eyes when I mentioned the tequila in the marinade!) The combination of tequila and tomato juice and perfect hint of spicy made for a delicious piece of steak and is sure to be repeated. (And there is a strong possibility that I will try a version of this as my new favorite Bloody Maria.) - foodfanatic —foodfanatic
- 4 ounces silver tequila
- 2 teaspoons horseradish
- 1 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon celery salt
- 1 cup Clamato juice, or half tomato and half clam juice
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- juice of one lime
- 1 flank steak, 1 1/2 to 2 pounds
- salt and pepper
- First, sample the tequila to ensure its quality. Next, if you wish, make yourself a Bloody Maria. Then shake together everything but the flank steak in a screw-top jar. Place the flank steak in a gallon ziplock bag, pour in the marinade, reseal to squeeze out the air, and refrigerate overnight.
- The following day, preheat the grill (or if preparing inside, preheat a grill pan or heavy skillet) until hothothot. Take the flank steak out of the marinade, pat dry, and salt generously on both sides just before grilling.
- Grill the steak on one side [about 5 minutes on my grill, yours is likely different] over high heat until you see a bead or two of juice forming on the top, then flip and cook until done to your liking.
- Remove from grill, pepper generously, let rest at least five minutes and carve in thin slices against the grain. Serve with Amanda's Squashed Potatoes and a big green salad.
We're obsessed with savory yogurt
Savory yogurt is whey cool.
DIY Nutter Butters.
Shop our new office.
How to make bouillabaisse.
Just shrub it off.