If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This recipe comes from a love for sweets and spiciness! (Recipe comes from a mix of a classic family recipe and a recipe referenced by Helen Cook) - jyoungs82
Makes 1 cake
- 1 1/3 cups All Purpose Flour
- 6 tablespoons Beet Sugar
- 8 tablespoons Unsalted Butter
- 2 pounds Cream Cheese
- 1 cup Beet Sugar
- 4 Eggs
- 1 cup Sour Cream
- 3 teaspoons Vanilla Extract
- 1/4 teaspoon Sea Salt
- 3 tablespoons Lemon Juice
- 1 Ghost Pepper
- 1 tablespoon Beet Sugar
- 1 Lime (zested and juiced)
- For the crust you want to combine the flour, sugar and butter until it is a well combined crumbly mixture. Press into the bottom of an oiled and parchment lined spring form pan. Bake the crust at 350 F for 15-20 minutes. Cool completely.
- WARNING: Gloves and eye protection are a life saver during this step. Prepare the pepper by roasting it over an open flame until the skin is blistered and slides right off. Dice the pepper up into very small pieces. Combine the pepper with 1 T sugar and make into a paste with the back of a spoon or a fork. Set aside.
- For the filling you will want to beat the cream cheese until smooth. Then add in the sugar until completely combined. Add in the eggs one at a time and mixing between each egg.
- Now add in the sour cream, vanilla, salt, lemon juice, lime zest and juice, and lastly the pepper/sugar paste.
- Once the filling is well mixed pour into the cooled crust. Bake at 290 F for 50 minutes. When done the edges should be firm and the center slightly wiggly. Scrape the edge with a knife and allow to cool until room temperature.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Chili Pepper Recipe
It's Time to Rhyme
The staff at Food52 give us their best haikus.
Do you haiku?
It's Snack Time
Whiskey Peach Smash
Shop Spring Cleaning
Bake yourself breakfast.