If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Tonight I was craving a burger, but not just any plain burger, and definitely not a fast food burger! I wanted something with bold flavor that was different from anything I've had before that wouldn't weigh me down. After flipping through my Bon Appetite Cookbook, I found the perfect burger to inspire me to make a burger that would satisfy all my needs...Jamaican Jerk Burger with an Chipotle-Orange Mayonnaise!
For the Chipotle-Orange Mayonnaise
- 1 cup Mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons fresh Orange Juice
- 1 tablespoon minced Chipotle Chile in Adobo Sauce
- 1 tablespoon Adobo Sauce
- Mix all the ingredients into a small bowl and stir to combine. Cover with plastic wrap and place in the fridge until ready to spread on the burger buns before serving.
For the Jamaican Jerk Burger
- 1-1/2 cups coarsely chopped Green Onions
- 1 teaspoon dried Thyme
- 2 Jalapenos, seeded and chopped
- 3 cloves of Garlic
- 1/2 cup Brown Sugar
- 1/2 cup Canola Oil
- 1/2 cup Low-Sodium Soy Sauce
- 1 teaspoon Ground Allspice
- 1-1/2 pounds Ground Beef
- 6 Hamburger Buns
- Condiments: Lettuce, Tomato and Grilled Yellow Onions
- In a food processor, finely chop the first 4 ingredients. Add the next 4 ingredients and puree until almost smooth.
- Form the burgers into patties and place into a baking dish. Pour 1/2 cup of sauce over all the burgers, toss to coat and let them marinate for 20 minutes. The rest of the sauce will be used for basting the burgers while they cook.
- Grill the onions, slice the tomatoes and tear up the lettuce while the beef marinates. Also, if you choose to make them, start cooking up some fries or potato wedges.
- After 20 minutes, now it is time to grill the burgers! Grill the burgers until desired doneness (about 4 minutes per side), brushing occasionally with the remaining jerk sauce.
- Spread the Chipotle Mayonnaise on both inner sides of the bun. Place the lettuce on the bottom half of the bun with the tomato, burger, onion and then the top half of the bun.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Chili Pepper Recipe
Each Peach Pear Plum
Poetry for your market basket.
Poems for your fridge.
Wine to go, without the box.
Go play outside!
Make your houseplants do double duty.