Author Notes: We love our salmon cool or at room temperature...Cook it early in the day and then serve it up on a warm summer evening. This one brings a little warmth to the tongue. - inpatskitchen
The salmon and avocado cream
- 4 six to eight ounce, boneless, skinless salmon fillets
- 2 limes
- 1 tablespoon salt, divided
- 3 jalapeno peppers
- 2 medium avocados
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup half and half
- Olive oil for brushing the baking dish
- First prep the salmon by brushing a little olive oil on the bottom of a 9 x 12 inch baking dish. Place the salmon fillets in and sprinkle with the juice of one lime,half the salt and one finely diced jalapeno. Cover and refrigerate for about 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile make the avocado cream by placing 2 chopped jalapenos, the avocado meat, the juice of the second lime, 1 1/2 teaspoons salt, the sour cream and the half and half in the bowl of a mini processor and process until smooth. Cover with plastic wrap by placing the film directly on the cream and refrigerate.
- In a 425F pre-heated oven, roast the salmon for about 15 minutes until done. Cool and then refrigerate.
Salsa Fresca and Service
- 2 cups seeded, cored and finely diced tomatoes
- 1 1/2 cups finely diced red onion
- 3 finely diced jalapeno peppers
- 1/2 cup minced cilantro
- Juice of one lime
- 1 minced garlic clove
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Combine all ingredients and refrigerate for about an hour.
- When ready to serve spread 1/4 of the avocado cream on a dinner plate, place a salmon fillet on the cream and spoon some of the salsa over. Repeat 3 more times.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Avocados
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Chili Pepper Recipe