If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I ordered something similar in a restaurant once, but found it a bit rich as the cheese had been coated with batter, so I decided to try to make a version that was finger licking good, but not too rich. The Sweet Chili Sauce also cuts the richness. - Nikki Seiler
Sweet Chilli Sauce
- 3 Red Chillies
- 1 cup Rice vinegar
- 1 pinch Salt
- 3/4 cups Sugar (Brown is preferable)
- 1 Garlic clove
- 1 piece Halloumi cheese
- 1 splash Olive oil
- Chop the garlic finely.
- Put the chillies, rice vinegar, salt, sugar and garlic in a small sauce pan over low heat until the sugar dissolves.
- Bring to the boil, then cook for about 5 minutes or until the mixture thickens to a liquidy syrup consistency.
- Remove from the heat and allow to cool
- Cut the Halloumi into strips
- Just before serving, heat the oil in a non stick pan on a high heat.
- Fry the strips of Halloumi in the pan until they are golden on both sides (this is a very quick process).
- Serve the warm cheese with the Sweet Chili Sauce on the side.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Chili Pepper Recipe