If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: After an evening of cocktails - had to decide which to vote for in last weeks contest - something hardy is called for at breakfast.
Not being American I have no idea how real Sloppy Joe's taste, but I have always been fascinated with the concept, and here is my take. —Andreadoria56
Assemblin the Sloppy Joe's
- 4 eggs
- 4 whole grain rolls
- Meat sauce
- Sliced medium hot fresh chili
- 300 g minced beef
- 1 medium red onion chopped
- 1 small carrot cut into quater coins
- 1 stalk celary cut into quater coins
- 1 clove of garlic finely chopped
- 1/2 medium hot chili finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon dried chili
- 1 tablespoon Rooster sauce
- Olive oil
- 1/2 can chopped tomatoes
- Heat oil and fry meat - when all has good color add cumin, dried chili, salt and pepper.
- Add onion, garlic and fresh chili and fry for 1-2 minutes until you can clearly smell the oinion and garlic.
- Add carrots and celery and fry a further 1-2 minutes.
- Add Rooster sauce and chopped tomatoes. And cook for at least 20 minutes over low to medium heat until all liquid has been cooked out.
- To assemble: Fry egg, toast roll. Add couple of spoonfuls of meat sauce to bottom half of roll, place fried egg on top and add a few fresh slices of medium hot chili on top.
- Cover with top part of roll. Serve with strong, hot coffee and enjoy - breaking a sweat is good ;)
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Chili Pepper Recipe
This May Be the Best Thing You Can Do with Zucchini
A genius make-ahead summer side
A genius zucchini dish.
Is your cilantro contaminated?
It's time to travel.
Do this for better cold brew.