If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: The trout can be served at room temperature as well. The colours are extremely pleasing to the eye with the bright coral hue of the trout and fresh green peas. - Flotch
- 1 large rainbow trout filet
- 1/2 lime, zested
- sprinkle of cayenne pepper
- 3 cups frozen peas
- handful of fresh basil leaves
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1/2 lime, juiced
- salt and pepper to taste
- Heat some olive oil in a pan.
- With kitchen towels dab the filet to make sure it is dry. Sprinkle the filet on both sides with the salt, pepper and cayenne. Place the filet skin side down in the pan. Sprinkle the zest on the flesh.
- Cook until the skin is golden and crisp, about three minutes. Then flip over and continue to cook for another three to five minutes, depending on the level on doneness you prefer.
- While the fish is cooking, blend all the ingredients for the puree together. Taste and see whether you would like more basil. Add the lime juice last. Serve the trout with the puree and some more lime wedges on the side. Enjoy!
You're the Best, Forget the Rest
The World's 50 Best Restaurants have nothin' on these recipes.
The best restaurant? Your kitchen.
Orecchiette with a bite.
Treats for your beach bag.
These are mmmpanadas.
You won't be board with this game.