If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Mirto di Sardegna Rosso (red Blueberry Liqueur) is a very popular liqueur form the islands of Sardinia and Corsica where myrtle (blueberry) grows wild. It's made from the myrtle plant by macerating the berries and it becomes an alcoholic sweet drink. There is also a white version made by macerating a mixture of berries and leaves. It is always served very cold. Two years ago a friend offered me a bottle of Mirto Rosso and told me to keep it in the fridge. I love the French Kir Royal and the Liqueur used in it is basically the same. On a nice hot Sunday, we were having friends over for lunch in the garden and instead of the typical cold white wine I wanted something different. Unfortunately we didn't have enough cold champagne in the fridge but had lots of beer, so I decided to improvise a little cocktail, Italian style. —Maria Teresa Jorge
- 2 tablespoons Chilled Mirto Rosso di Sardegna (Red Blueberry Liqueur)
- 5 Blueberries fresh
- 1/3 cup very cold beer
- 1/3 cup very cold Tonic Water
- These ingredients are for a 1 cup size glass.
- Pour the chilled Blueberry Liqueur in the bottom of the glass. Add the Blueberries, add the Tonic Water, top with very cold beer. Serve immediately.
- I recommend not adding ice cubes because the drink will become very watery. Also, as fresh blueberries are around pretty much all year round, this is a nice cocktail for parties at any time of the year and is quite light on alcohol, considering that it is diluted with Tonic Water. The Mirto Liqueur has normally 30% of alcohol.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Poolside Cocktail
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Open House Dish
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Best Beer Cocktail
Get Baking This Labor Day
These recipes are worth a little kitchen labor
Get baking this Labor Day.
Make these recipes before it's too late.
Meet 2015's best sellers.
Our staff's best storage tips.
Storage made crystal clear.