Author Notes: I'm currently loving cooking my fish on the grill in foil packets. For this halibut, I took a look at what I had in the fridge and pantry and came up with a pretty yummy dish. Goes great with some steamed brown rice and wilted spinach. - chrissy.spanoghe
- 2 filets of halibut
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- 2 teaspoons Dried marjoram
- 1 teaspoon Lemon zest
- 2 tablespoons crushed hazelnuts
- 1 Roma tomato, sliced
- 1/2 small onion, halved and sliced
- 4 teaspoons Vermouth
- Put two sheets of foil on your work space. Drizzle the center of each with about 2 tsp of olive oil.
- Rinse the halibut and pat dry. Rub each side of the fish on the olive oil on a foil sheet and then place in the center of each sheet. Season with salt and pepper and the marjoram. Sprinkle on the lemon zest.
- Place the crushed hazelnuts atop each filet. Then top each fillet with slices of tomato and onion. Sprinkle some more salt on top of the onion. Finally, add 2 tsp of Vermouth to each sheet of foil, lifting the edges if needed to prevent running off of the sheet.
- Seal each foil sheet into a packet, taking care not to make the packet too tight. Place each packet onto a medium-high grill and cook, covered, for approximately 8 minutes on one side and 1 minute on the other.
- Serve and enjoy!