If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Mango and chile is a very common combination in Latin America and the ultimate street food found in carts everywhere are raspados- or snow cones in English. Here's my version- enjoy! —mpittsm
- 3 cups chopped, frozen mango
- 1 1/2 cups cold water
- 1/4 cup sugar, or to taste
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 3 tablespoons lime juice, or the juice of one lime
- 1 teaspoon Tajin fruit seasoning (optional)
- Put all the ingredients in a blender and process until smooth.
- Pour contents in a freezer proof container, freeze for at least 6 hours--or overnight. After the contents are frozen, scrape the surface with a fork and serve with a spoon. Top with more Tajin or sugar and chili powder if you want extra chili flavor.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Fair Food
Get Baking This Labor Day
These recipes are worth a little kitchen labor
Get baking this Labor Day.
Make these recipes before it's too late.
Meet 2015's best sellers.
Our staff's best storage tips.
Storage made crystal clear.