Author Notes: Mango and chile is a very common combination in Latin America and the ultimate street food found in carts everywhere are raspados- or snow cones in English. Here's my version- enjoy! - mpittsm
- 3 cups chopped, frozen mango
- 1 1/2 cup cold water
- 1/4 cup sugar, or to taste
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 3 tablespoons lime juice, or the juice of one lime
- 1 teaspoon Tajin fruit seasoning (optional)
- Put all the ingredients in a blender and process until smooth.
- Pour contents in a freezer proof container, freeze for at least 6 hours--or overnight. After the contents are frozen, scrape the surface with a fork and serve with a spoon. Top with more Tajin or sugar and chili powder if you want extra chili flavor.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Fair Food