If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Go to any Greek fair or festival around here and the aroma of these meat morsels threaded on a stick and grilled makes you salivate. They can be lamb, pork or chicken, sometimes threaded with onion and bell pepper, sometimes plain. Serve them in a pita with tzatziki, on a bed of pilaf or right off the stick...any way, they're a great summer treat. This is my pork version. —inpatskitchen
Makes four sticks
- 1 1/2 pounds pork tenderloin cut in cubes about 1 to 1 1/2 inches
- 3 lemons ( the third reserved for squeezing on the meat at serving time)
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon Hungarian paprika
- Green bell pepper and white onion slices (optional)
- Marinate the meat in the olive oil, garlic, salt, pepper, oregano, basil, paprika and the juice of 2 of the lemons for 4 to 6 hours.
- Soak 4 wooden 12 inch skewers in water for 1/2 hour or more before grilling.
- Skewer 1/4 of the meat on each skewer, adding the slices of onion and pepper here and there if desired.
- Grill on a medium heat to your desired degree of doneness (about 15 minutes).
- Squeeze the juice from the third lemon over all four skewers before serving. OPA!!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe for Barbecued Meat
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Barbecue
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Fair Food
Cool Ice Cream Tips
They'll change the way you cook—er, churn
The coolest ice cream tips.
Just for the halibut.
Savor the season.
Tennessee whiskey is the tops.
This pasta's mint to be.