Author Notes: This dish is about as easy and summer-like as it gets. Samin and I made this dish as a vegetarian option at the dinner we did at Tartine Bakery last month. Despite its simplicity, it's as good as anything. - The Perennial Plate
- 10 ounces pasta
- 1/8 cup butter
- 1 large onion or 2 smaller spring onions, minced
- 2 cups sun gold tomatoes, halved
- 2 tablespoons parsley, minced
- 1 tablespoon oregano, minced
- salt and pepper
- 1/2 cup shaved ricotta salata
- Cook your past till al dente in a large pot of water that is heavily salted. Reserve a cup or two of the cooking liquid.
- Sweat the onions in half of the butter until translucent. Add the tomatoes, parsley and oregano. Add a little of the pasta water to bring everything together. Combine the sauce with the cooked pasta, season well and garnish with the cheese.