If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This dish is about as easy and summer-like as it gets. Samin and I made this dish as a vegetarian option at the dinner we did at Tartine Bakery last month. Despite its simplicity, it's as good as anything. —The Perennial Plate
- 10 ounces pasta
- 1/8 cup butter
- 1 large onion or 2 smaller spring onions, minced
- 2 cups sun gold tomatoes, halved
- 2 tablespoons parsley, minced
- 1 tablespoon oregano, minced
- salt and pepper
- 1/2 cup shaved ricotta salata
- Cook your past till al dente in a large pot of water that is heavily salted. Reserve a cup or two of the cooking liquid.
- Sweat the onions in half of the butter until translucent. Add the tomatoes, parsley and oregano. Add a little of the pasta water to bring everything together. Combine the sauce with the cooked pasta, season well and garnish with the cheese.