If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I love a guacamole with fruit. Sometimes it's pears and grapes, but peaches are in season, so this is a simple twist on a basic guacamole —ChefHef
- 2 med-lge avocados, preferably Hass
- 1 med-large ripe, but still firm, peach
- 1 serrano chile (or use jalapeño if you prefer less heat)
- 1/4 cup 1/4" dice red onion
- coarse salt
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lime juice
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- Halve the avocados, remove the stone, and with a spoon, scoop flesh into a bowl. Pour lime juice over, and mash roughly with a fork. Actually, a potato masher is great for this step because you get a nice chunky mash, which is what you want.
- Cut peach into approx 1/4" cubes. Toss these into the bowl with the avocado
- Slit the chile open lengthwise and with the tip of your knife, remove the seeds and ribs. Chop the chile finely. Depending on the size of the chile and the heat, you may wish to add only half at first to your guac. You can always add more! *You may want to wear gloves to handle the chile. If you choose not to, rub your fingers with oil or butter after handling the chiles and then wash with dish detergent
- Add the remaining ingredients to the bowl containing the avocado, and using a spatula fold them in. Salt to taste and add more lime if needed.
Put That Cucumber down
Zucchini pickles are the new big dill
Put that cucumber down.
A bite-sized lunch.
Free shipping, this weekend only!
The freedom to snack.
Savor the season.