If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I make this almost every week for my children, and often double the recipe to freeze some for when I travel. Given my use of dark turkey meat, cream and tons of cheese, I doubt it's much less fatty than a beef version, but we all find it tastier. The recipe works better if you make it while listening to Lyle Lovett. - Jestei
Makes about a 10 meatballs
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 small onion or 2 shallots finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1/2 cup bread crumbs (i have also used matzoh meal in a pinch)
- 1 cup finely grated good Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream (whole milk is ok)
- 1 Egg, lightly beaten
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 dash black pepper
- 1 tablespoon Chopped fresh basil
- 1 pound Dark Turkey meat
- In a large deep frying pan, sauté the onions and garlic over a low flame until very soft, then add to the other ingredients. Mix well with hands. Form 1.5 inch diameter balls, turn flame to medium and add more olive oil to pan as needed and drop them carefully in pan. Keep balls moving so that they brown nicely on every side, and watch flame. Add more oil as needed. Eventually you will know when they are done; but first time check internal temperature of test meatball and remove to plate with paper towel when meat therm. reads 160.
- This recipe is a Community Pick!
A Better Way to Prepare Asparagus
Plus a genius dressing.
A better way to prepare asparagus.
Your Memorial Day menu made easy.
Freshen up for spring.
Meat-free Memorial Day recipes.
Drink better coffee.