Author Notes: It started with beer and a pile of cherry tomatoes and up as a fun and delicious dinner! In each of the burger balls is a burst of juicy cherry tomato surprise. - nannydeb
- 1 1/2 pound ground chuck, 80/20
- 8 slices bacon, cut in half
- 5 - 8 ounces fresh cherry tomatoes
- 1 yellow onion, quartered
- 4 large fresh jalapenos, halved (optional)
- salt & pepper
- 8 slices bread
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 8 slices of your favorite cheese (we chose pepper jack)
- mustard, ketcup, hamburger fixins
- Prepare the charcoal or gas grill to medium-high.
- Squash a handful of meat around each cherry tomato. Wrap a piece of bacon around it and secure it with a skewer. As you make each one and skewer it, add a chunk of onion and a chunk of jalapeno (alternately).
- Season the skewers with salt & pepper and toss them on the grill over medium-high heat. Grill them for about 3-5 minutes per side.
- Meanwhile, melt the butter in a small skillet and add the garlic and cook it for a couple of minutes. Brush the bread slices with the butter.
- Put the skewers on the back burner while you grill the bread.
- Serve with mustard, ketchup, pickles and lottsa napkins. Enjoy!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Cherry Tomatoes
Tags: entree or appetizer