If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: It started with beer and a pile of cherry tomatoes and up as a fun and delicious dinner! In each of the burger balls is a burst of juicy cherry tomato surprise. —nannydeb
- 1 1/2 pounds ground chuck, 80/20
- 8 slices bacon, cut in half
- 5 - 8 ounces fresh cherry tomatoes
- 1 yellow onion, quartered
- 4 large fresh jalapenos, halved (optional)
- salt & pepper
- 8 slices bread
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 8 slices of your favorite cheese (we chose pepper jack)
- mustard, ketcup, hamburger fixins
- Prepare the charcoal or gas grill to medium-high.
- Squash a handful of meat around each cherry tomato. Wrap a piece of bacon around it and secure it with a skewer. As you make each one and skewer it, add a chunk of onion and a chunk of jalapeno (alternately).
- Season the skewers with salt & pepper and toss them on the grill over medium-high heat. Grill them for about 3-5 minutes per side.
- Meanwhile, melt the butter in a small skillet and add the garlic and cook it for a couple of minutes. Brush the bread slices with the butter.
- Put the skewers on the back burner while you grill the bread.
- Serve with mustard, ketchup, pickles and lottsa napkins. Enjoy!
Tags: entree or appetizer
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Cherry Tomatoes
Have Your Campari—and Eat It, Too
Granita is really, really great
Spike your granita with campari.
The craziest chip around.
7 food-filled honeymoons.
Savor the season.
This pasta's mint to be.