If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: For this recipe and more like it, please visit
I adapted this recipe from Cook's Illustrated book of healthy recipes. For 100 calories a cookie, I think they're great: light and cake-y, with a strong vanilla taste. I'd recommend using quality chocolate chips (I used hershey's mini dark chocolate kisses, but ghirardelli would be even better), to add a little decadence. Enjoy! - athaler11
Makes 24 cookies
- 1.25 cups flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted and cooled
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Combine flour, baking soda and salt
- In a separate bowl, mix melted butter, egg, vanilla and sugar until smooth
- Sift in flour mixture and 1/3 cup chocolate chips
- Drop by tablespoonful onto foil-lined baking sheets (~12 cookies per sheet)
- Press the remaining chocolate chips into cookies (~2-3 per cookie)
- Bake, one sheet at a time, for 10-13 minutes, or until just set in the center
- Allow to cool 5 minutes on baking sheet, then serve
- For this recipe and more like it, please visit www.tastethentell.blogspot.com. Enjoy!