If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I created this recipe to showcase the beautiful flavor combination of the best of summer season fruits. I prefer to combine elements of sweet and savory for a modern culinary twist on the classics, while also being healthy, natural, and satisfying. I generally use local, organic and natural whole products as much as possible.
I usually serve this with goat cheese ice cream and a dash of balsalmic reduction.
Originally I made this dish as a Crisp, but it is versatile as a pie or tart as well.
- Rachael M. Keith
- 8 sliced fresh large peaches skin on
- 1 pint tomatoes - cherry or grape
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/2 cup turbinado sugar
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pwdr
- 16 ounces unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup turbinado sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 1/4 cups almond meal
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 2 cups white whole wheat flour
- 2 teaspoons almond extract
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup white whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pwdr
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- Wash & slice peaches into thin crescents
- Blanch tomatoes in boiling water for 30 seconds, plunge into ice water bath, peel skins, cut in half
- Mix peaches & tomatoes with 1/2 c. sugar, cinnamon, cayenne, let rest
- Beat butter to creamy, slowly add sugar, then egg, extract, beat smooth - add almond meal, mix thoroughly, add flour.
- Spray 10 to 12" tart pan with pan oil - coat well
- Crumble tart dough into fluted tart pan, press edges in first creating 1/2" thick edge crust. Use forefinger to measure width. Press bottom dough crumbles in to flush and flat. Refrigerate or freeze dough in pan for at least 15 minutes.
- Line tart dough with parchment and fill with rice grains. Blind bake for 15 - 20 minutes at 325. Let cool, remove parchment and rice.
- Mix peaches and tomato once again - strain excess juices and reserve.
- Fill tart shell with peach tomato mixture
- Mix 1/3 cup brown sugar, 1/2 cup white whole wheat flour, 1/2 cup sliced almonds, 1 tsp. cinnamon, 1/2 tsp. cayenne and cut in 4 Tbs. butter - for Streusel topping. Sprinkle streusel over top of peaches & tomato filling
- Evenly distribute 1/2 cup of reserved sugar/peach/tomato juices over top of tart/crumble topping - Return to oven for 10 minutes.
- Top with Vanilla, Goat Cheese, or Cinnamon home made ice cream.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for A&M Smackdown / Your Best Peach Pie or Tart