If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: In that brief moment of time when the best peaches are available, this variation of a cobbler really shines. The topping is not doughy in the least and bakes up with a light, sugar snappy crunch. And the leftovers, if there are any, make for an illicitly good breakfast. Call it a fruit serving. —marynn
Serves 4-6 (sometimes 2)
- 3 cups peeled, sliced, perfect peaches
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 pinch nutmeg (4-6 swipes on the grater)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 large egg beaten
- 1 cup AP flour
- 6 tablespoons butter--melted and cooled a bit
- 2 tablespoons fresh mint, either whole or chiffonade
- Pre-heat your oven to 375 and have the rack in the middle. On the lower rack, have a Silpat-lined sheet to catch any dribbles.
- Place peaches in a greased or sprayed 8 X 8 baking dish--I use Pyrex. Sprinkle lemon juice over all.
- Sift dry ingredients; add egg, tossing the mixture with a fork until crumbly.
- Sprinkle flour/egg mixture over peaches and drizzle with butter. ALL of it.
- Bake for 30-40 mn 'till golden brown and delectable. Let it sit about 15 mn before serving. Ice cream? Of course. Add mint chiffonade, if you wish.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for A&M Smackdown / Your Best Peach Pie or Tart
Welcome to Funky Town
How to make kimchi—without a recipe
Make kimchi—without a recipe.
Did you say vacation or cocktail?
It's time to travel.
Eat cookies for breakfast.
Put cake on a pedestal.