Author Notes: While sugar and spice are perfectly nice, peaches don't need all that help. This recipe using a simple combination of 5 main ingredients and a few extras you have sitting around. No need to raid your pantry for cinnamon, nutmeg, and all spice, because the peaches do the talking. The traditional combo of salty and sweet make for a wonderful treat at anytime you eat. I served mine as an appetizer but I would eat it breakfast, lunch, and dinner! Check out other recipes I have at http://wp.me/p1teSf-6A - meetsaucygirl
- 1 pie crust (I like the Pillsbury's unroll and fill crust)
- 3 peaches sliced
- 1/2 cup ricotta cheese
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 4 ounces prosciutto
- 1 pinch kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon milk
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees (F)
- Roll out the pie dough onto a greased cookie sheet or a floured pizza stone.
- Add a thin layer of prosciutto on top of the crust, leaving a 1-2 inch ring of dough exposed.
- Spread the ricotta cheese on top of the prosciutto. Drizzle with honey.
- Toss the peaches in the olive oil and salt. Lay the peaches on top of the cheese.
- Fold the exposed crust over the layered peaches and cheese. Brush the crust with milk. Bake in the oven for about 20 minutes.
- When the crust starts to brown, remove the tart from the oven and sprinkle sliced prosciutto on top of the peaches, tucking pieces into the peaches and the crust. Return to the oven for 5 minutes.
- Cook the tart for 5 more minutes then remove and allow to come to room temperature. Slice and serve!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for A&M Smackdown / Your Best Peach Pie or Tart