If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This cake will take you ten minutes to make. Including cutting the fruit.
If you have a Cuisinart, you can probably do it in 5.
Unless you are a vegan, you likely have everything you need in the kitchen without a dreaded trip to the store. Really, it's so easy I have tweeted the recipe.
Serves 6, maybe
- 1 stick of butter
- 1 scant cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1-2 peaches, peeled (or not)
- just a couple blueberries (for the center)
- Cream butter and sugar.
- Add egg and vanilla.
- Stir in salt, baking powder and flour
- The batter will be thick. Scrape and spread it into a buttered 8 inch pan. Press the batter down a bit in the center so it will cook more evenly. Though if you like that gooey center sort of thing then just let it be.
- Slice and arrange peaches around the outside of the cake.Throw some blueberries or blackberries in the center for some color. You can sprinkle the fruit with coarse sugar. Or not.
- Bake at 350 for 50 minutes then check. The edges should be brown and the center should look firm having puffed around the fruit, but this thing should not pass a toothpick cake test or it will be overdone.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for A&M Smackdown / Your Best Peach Pie or Tart
Wait, What's Sorghum?
The ancient grain that's poppin'
Trailblazing snacks to pack.
New to the Shop.
Put pizza in a pocket.
It's in the bag.