Author Notes: This cake will take you ten minutes to make. Including cutting the fruit.
If you have a Cuisinart, you can probably do it in 5.
Unless you are a vegan, you likely have everything you need in the kitchen without a dreaded trip to the store. Really, it's so easy I have tweeted the recipe.
Serves 6, maybe
- 1 stick of butter
- 1 scant cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1-2 peaches, peeled (or not)
- just a couple blueberries (for the center)
- Cream butter and sugar.
- Add egg and vanilla.
- Stir in salt, baking powder and flour
- The batter will be thick. Scrape and spread it into a buttered 8 inch pan. Press the batter down a bit in the center so it will cook more evenly. Though if you like that gooey center sort of thing then just let it be.
- Slice and arrange peaches around the outside of the cake.Throw some blueberries or blackberries in the center for some color. You can sprinkle the fruit with coarse sugar. Or not.
- Bake at 350 for 50 minutes then check. The edges should be brown and the center should look firm having puffed around the fruit, but this thing should not pass a toothpick cake test or it will be overdone.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for A&M Smackdown / Your Best Peach Pie or Tart