If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Adapted from the recipe for Fluffy Eggs from Molly Keane's Nursery Cooking, a lovely cookbook I picked up at the library book sale. The entire book is filled with endearing stories of Mrs. Keane’s youth and her life as a widowed mother of two young children. The recipes are equally delightful. And the illustrations, by Linda Smith, are enchanting.
I haven't added any trimmings to these eggs, but I think some minced herbs would be lovely. And a few crispy rashers of bacon or some breakfast sausage would be well-suited. Along with a squirt of ketchup. (Don't yuck my yum.) - mrslarkin
Food52 Review: Mrslarkin's Fluffy Scrambled Eggs are, to put it simply, a treasure. Just when you are sure there can be nothing more done to a mere egg (or two), along comes this deceptively simple recipe. Try not to leave out the cream, it puts it over the top! These should not be wolfed down on a busy weekday morning; rather, they should be savored and enjoyed down to every last fluffy morsel. We served them with a bit of fresh herbs tossed in, alongside some beautifully crisp organic bacon and a cup of the Spouse's hand-roasted coffee. Heavenly. - wssmom
- 1/2 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 2 large eggs
- kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- In a small nonstick skillet, melt the butter over medium-low heat.
- Separate the yolks and whites. Place yolks in a 1-cup measuring cup and add two small pinches of salt and the cream. Whisk with a fork to combine.
- In a medium bowl, place the whites, add two small pinches of salt and beat with a whisk to stiff peaks.
- Gently fold the yolks into the whites.
- Pour the egg mixture into the pan and cook, stirring gently, until eggs begin to set.
- Alternatively, this can be cooked as an omelet, filled, and folded over.
- This recipe is a Community Pick!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Holiday Breakfast II