Author Notes: Every year my sister and I split a box of fresh peaches from the local orchard. Before making jams, pies or shakes, this delicious dessert is always the first treat I prepare! An almond studded macaroon crust is topped with a layer of fluffy sweet cream and fresh sliced peaches. So simple, yet so impressive! You may also add raspberries to the mix or any berry is quite divine! When I am short on time I forget the cream cheese and just whip cream with a little sugar and almond extract. - carmelld
- 1 1/3 cup flaked sweetened coconut
- 1/2 cup chopped almonds
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 large egg whites, lightly beaten
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- In a bowl combine; coconut, almonds, sugar, flour, and season with a pinch of salt. Stir in egg whites and 1/2 tsp almond extract. Line a baking sheet with foil; grease well and spread coconut mixture into a 9 in. circle on foil. Bake @ 325* for 20-25 min. or until lightly browned. Cool completely on a wire rack.
Whipped Cream with peaches
- 3 ounces whipped cream cheese, room temp.
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 2 cups whipping cream, whipped
- 1/8 teaspoon almond extract
- 4 cups sliced fresh peaches
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar, optional
- In a mixing bowl combine cream cheese, powdered sugar, and almond extract. Mix until creamy. Fold in whipped cream. Place crust on a serving plate and spread desired amount of cream mixture over the top.
- If needed, sweeten peaches in a bowl with the desired amount of granulated sugar. Spread peaches over cream filling and serve immediately. Enjoy!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for A&M Smackdown / Your Best Peach Pie or Tart