Author Notes: This incredibly fresh-tasting relish came from an old food magazine - not certain which one. It freezes beautifully, a big plus for my cooking, since I use cranberry sauce/relish in several favorite recipes. Surprizingly, the brilliant color survives the freezing. I usually double the recipe, especially for Thanksgiving. - Lizthechef
Serves 3 cups
- one 12 oz. bag of cranberries
- one tangerine (unpeeled), halved, seeded, cut into one inch pieces
- 3/4 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped crystallized ginger
- 1/4 cup orange marmalade
- Using on/off turns, coarsely chop cranberries in processor. Transfer to medium bowl. Using on/off turns, coarsely chop tangerine in processor. Combine with cranberries. Mix in remaining ingredients. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Can be made one week ahead. Keeps well in fridge and/or freezer. Serve at room temperature.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Cranberry Sauce