If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: like to make this dish on a cold day. I also make this soup for whoever gets sick at my house —adamnsvetcooking
- 1 pound of Kale (frozen or fresh, if fresh cleaned and cut in strips)
- 1 Chicken leg (drumstick and thigh) skin on
- 1 medium white onion, chopped
- 2 medium sized carrots, chopped
- 1 clove of garlic minsed
- 1 teaspoon Thyme
- Olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Pre-heat over at 425°F. Place the chicken leg in a backing dish. Season with salt and pepper, and few glugs of olive oil. Roast the chicken leg for 20 to 25 mins. In a large pot heat the olive oil on a medium to medium high heat. Add the onions and sauté for 2 to 3 mins. Add the garlic. Cook for 5 mins until the onions become clear. Add the carrots and cook for 5 mins. To the pot add the chicken leg and any juices in the backing dish. Add 5 cups of water and bring to a boil and then simmer. Add the thyme season with salt and pepper to taste. Simmer for about 30 to 45 mins. Remove the chicken leg and let it cool. Once cooled shred the meat and return to the pot. You can add the skin or leave the skin out. Add the kale and simmer for 15 to 20 mins. Serve with a nice crusty bread or just is!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Greens
In Queso Were Wondering
Cashews are the mvp of vegan ingredients
This queso is nuts.
Keep your bubbly bubbly.
Meet 2015's best sellers.
Our guide to the Eastern Shore.
Get your shine on.