Author Notes: This cranberry sauce is sweetened with apple cider and a touch of maple syrup, rather than conventional sugar, for a healthier but flavorful Thanksgiving condiment. - c.levine
- 12 ounces organic cranberries
- 1 cup apple cider
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon allspice
- Place all ingredients in a medium sized saucepan and bring to a boil over medium high heat.
- Reduce heat to medium low and simmer, stirring occasionally, for 10 minutes. Berries will pop and burst.
- Remove from heat and cool; refrigerate until ready to serve.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Cranberry Sauce