If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Brie and pears have been paired together for centuries.
What makes this so good is the pears for texture, apricots for sweetness and grilling makes the brie all ooey gooey. Add the sweet/hot of the Thai dipping sauce and you have a very nice sammie indeed. —jane mcmillan
- 1 tablespoon softened butter
- 2 slices sourdough bread
- 2 tablespoons apricot preserves
- 1 small ripe pear, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon sweet Thai chili sauce
- 1 tablespoon marmelade
- 1 teaspoon habenero hot sauce
- Spread softened butter on each slice of bread, flip and spread apricot preserves on the unbuttered side.
- Arrange some thin slices of brie over the preserves, then some slices of pear.
- Make dipping sauce by combining the sweet thai chili sauce, marmelade, and hot sauce.
- Grill over a pre heated pan on med high heat on both sides. grill until golden and serve with dipping sauce.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Pears
Just Butter Isn't Better
Why making your own ghee is worth it
Make your own ghee.
The dreamiest foods around.
Stop slamming salad.
A can-do tool.