If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Baked pears remind me of the fall my favorite time of year. For this dish I used forelle pears, they are very small and you will need 2 pears per serving I stuffed them with walnuts that I toasted with butter, cinnamon and brown sugar and added dried cranberries, then I slathered them with softened butter and rolled in turbinado sugar. I wanted to try a different method to bake them and I decided to try baking in parchment. The result is a tender pear steamed in its own juices its sweet and buttery. Delicious on its own or served with some ice cream, whipped cream,mascarpone or any soft cheese or creme anglaise (Thank you boulangere).
You can use the pear of your choice for this recipe. - sdebrango
- 1/4-1/2 cup walnuts (depending on the size of the pears)
- 1/4-1/2 cup dried cranberries (depending on the size of the pears)
- 1-2 tablespoon salted butter melted
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar packed
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees. Line a small baking sheet with parchment. Melt your butter. In bowl add the walnuts and pour melted butter on the nuts toss to coat, Add the brown sugar and cinnamon toss again to make sure the brown sugar and cinnamon coat each walnut.
- Pour onto baking sheet and spread out. Bake for 5-8 minutes careful not to burn the nuts. Remove from oven and let cool. When they are cooled give the nuts a rough chop and add the cranberries, toss to combine and set aside.
The Pears and baking
- 8 forelle pears cored and peeled
- 3 tablespoons butter softened (use more or less as needed)
- 1/4-1/2 cup turbinado sugar(start with 1/4 cup add more if you need it)
- parchment paper and butchers twine
- walnut and cranberry mixture
- Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees. Wash and core your pears from the bottom leave the stem intact. Peel the pear. Stuff each with the walnut and cranberries. Rub each pear generously with the softened butter, roll the pear in the turbinado sugar.
- Tear off 8 generously sized pieces of parchment, place the pear in the middle and gather up around the stem and tie off with butchers twine if there is too much on top trim with scissors, Place on baking sheet and bake for 20-25 minutes. If you use larger pears the baking time will increase to 35-40 minutes approximately. Enjoy alone or with ice cream,whipped cream or cheese.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Pears