If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I know...brie en croute is an oldie but goodie... sometimes topped or filled with fruits or mushrooms or nuts. I took the pear and raisin route to make a small round for the two of us, but you can certainly double up the recipe using a 16 ounce brie round and doubling the remaining ingredients.
Serve with fresh pear slices. - inpatskitchen
Makes 1 eight ounce round
- 1 tablespoon raisins
- 2 tablespoons plus 2 teaspoons pear brandy or liqueur
- 1 nice size firm ripe pear, peeled cored and cut into 1/2 dice
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- Pinch of cayenne pepper
- 1 8 ounce brie round, very cold
- 1 sheet of puff pastry from a 17.3 ounce package, thawed if frozen
- 1 egg beaten with 2 tablespoons water
- Soak the raisins in 2 tablespoons of the pear brandy for about 30 minutes. Drain
- In a small saucepan place the raisins, diced pear, cider vinegar, sugar and cayenne pepper and simmer for about 5 minutes until the pears have softened but have still kept their integrity. Set aside and cool.
- On a parchment lined baking sheet lay down the pastry sheet. Spoon the pear mixture in the center of the sheet keeping it about the size of the brie round.
- With a fork, poke holes on one side of the brie round all over and then sprinkle the remaining 2 teaspoons of pear brandy over. Let the brandy settle in and then place the poked side on top of the pear mixture.
- Wrap the round with the pastry cutting off any excess and seal carefully. Flip the round over so that the seamed side is on the bottom. Use any scraps of dough to decorate the top of the pastry.
- Brush the round lightly with the egg wash.
- Bake for about 25 minutes at 400F until golden. Let rest for about 20 minutes before serving. Serve with fresh pear slices if desired.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Pears
Too Many Cooks: Who Has Changed the Way You Cook?
Let's talk game changers and influencers.
Shop Spring Cleaning
Simple, Springy Leek Soup
Soda Gum Drops!
The Best Cinnamon Rolls