If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I originally made Lidia's baked pears and grapes using a red wine, but now use a Prosecco or Asti Spumante. I cut the sugar and added extra lemon. The syrup is wonderful from either recipe and I will make the pears the next time with spiced ginger marmalade and maybe use a local Muscadine wine since it is Muscadine season here. Just be sue to use a sweet wine. Link to Lidia's recipe suggesting Moscato:
http://www.lidiasitaly.com/recipes/detail/769 - ibbeachnana
- 1 1/2- 2 cup grapes, seedless
- 2 pears, halved and cores scooped out
- 1 inch piece of vanilla bean, split
- 3/4 cups raw sugar
- 3 tablespoons apricot preserves
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 3/4 cups Gran Spumante
- Place the grapes in a baking dish , blend vanilla bean piece, preserves, lemon juice, sugar, and Gran Spumanti and pour over the grapes. Halve the pears and scoop out the core with a small scoop or melon baller. Place pears in baking dish and spoon some of the juice over the pears. Bake in 375° convection oven for about 40 minutes, test for tenderness and bake for another 10 minutes if necessary.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Pears
Tags: Roasted Pears