If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This comes from an abundance of local pears and the love of almond paste! - cookingcontestjunkie
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 3/4 cup cold,unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/2 pound almond paste
- 3 egg yolks
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup softened unsalted butter
- 4 pears,peeled,cored,thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup seedless red jam of choice,mixed with a little water
- 1 pinch of salt
- Combine crust ingredients(1 1/2 cups flour,3/4 cup butter,cut in pieces,1 T.sugar,pinch of salt)in bowl with pastry blender or 2 knives until the consistency of coarse bread crumbs.Add 2-3 T cold water.Form into ball and refrigerate 1 hour.
- Mix almond paste,egg yolks,1/3 cup sugar and 1/2 cup softened butter in a food processor.Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Roll out dough and press into 4 6-inch tart pans.Spread almond filling on bottom of each.Divide pear slices on top,brush with jam.Bake 25-30 minutes.Let cool or serve slightly warm,dusted with confectioners sugar,if desired,or a dollop of whipped cream.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Pears
It's Time to Rhyme
The staff at Food52 give us their best haikus.
Do you haiku?
It's Snack Time
Whiskey Peach Smash
Bake yourself breakfast.
Calling all recipe testers!