Author Notes: This comes from an abundance of local pears and the love of almond paste! - cookingcontestjunkie
- 1 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 3/4 cups cold,unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/2 pound almond paste
- 3 egg yolks
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup softened unsalted butter
- 4 pears,peeled,cored,thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup seedless red jam of choice,mixed with a little water
- 1 pinch of salt
- Combine crust ingredients(1 1/2 cups flour,3/4 cup butter,cut in pieces,1 T.sugar,pinch of salt)in bowl with pastry blender or 2 knives until the consistency of coarse bread crumbs.Add 2-3 T cold water.Form into ball and refrigerate 1 hour.
- Mix almond paste,egg yolks,1/3 cup sugar and 1/2 cup softened butter in a food processor.Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Roll out dough and press into 4 6-inch tart pans.Spread almond filling on bottom of each.Divide pear slices on top,brush with jam.Bake 25-30 minutes.Let cool or serve slightly warm,dusted with confectioners sugar,if desired,or a dollop of whipped cream.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Pears