If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Serves 4 with sticky rice and sides
For the chicken:
- 1 chicken, about 3 1/2 lbs., cut into 9 pieces, the whole breast should be cut across the back bone not with it into three pieces
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup salt
- 4 cups ice water
- peanut oil for frying
For the honey ginger sauce:
- 1 tablespoon ginger, extremely finely minced
- 1 tablespoon garlic, extremely finely minced
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons peanut or canola oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/2 cup green onions, sliced into thin rounds
- Combine the salt, sugar and ice cold water in a large bowl and mix till the sugar and salt have dissolved. Add the chicken, making sure it is submerged, and let it brine for one hour. After the hour remove it to a tray lined with paper towel and dry the chicken completely.
- Place a large pot onto the stove. Fill the pot no more than a third full with oil. Turn the heat to medium high. Place a fry thermometer into the oil.
- While the oil is heating to the magic 375? F combine the sauce ingredients minus a quarter cup of the green onions in a bowl that will eventually be large enough to carefully toss the hot chicken with the sauce.
- When the oil is to temperature carefully add the chicken. Cook until the skin is brown and crispy and the chicken is done, ten to fifteen minutes.
- Remove the chicken from the hot oil to the sauce bowl and toss to combine. Serve garnished with the remaining green onions and the extra sauce for dipping chicken and sticky rice.
Have Your Campari—and Eat It, Too
Granita is really, really great
Spike your granita with campari.
The craziest chip around.
7 food-filled honeymoons.
Savor the season.
This pasta's mint to be.