If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This cranberry sauce is inspired by a football party beverage I made last fall. The warm drink consisted of apple cider, cranberry juice, tequila, lime and cinnamon. (Need I say more?) So, I immediately thought of this flavor combination for this week´s Food52 contest. In addition, I added fresh jalapeño pepper to give the sauce a nice little kick. - TasteFood
Serves 2 cups
- 1 12 oz. bag cranberries, washed and picked over
- 1/2 cup sugar
- Juice of one lime
- Juice of half an orange
- 1 Granny Smith apple, peeled, cored, cut in 1/4" dice
- 2 tablespoons gold tequila
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 jalapeño pepper, stemmed, seeded, finely diced
- 1 teaspoon lime zest, from an untreated lime
- Combine cranberries, sugar, lime juice and orange juice in a medium saucepan.
- Bring to a boil and cook over medium heat, stirring, until cranberries begin to pop.
- Stir in apple, tequila and cinnamon and cook one minute.
- Remove from heat.
- Stir in jalapeño and lime zest.
- Allow to cool to room temperature. Refrigerate at least 2 hours to allow flavors to develop.
- Bring to room temperature before serving.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Cranberry Sauce
12 Make-Ahead Egg Dishes for Easter Brunch
Hop to it!
Winner of Your Best Recipe with Honey
A sweet Q&A with Alexandra Higgins.
Style with a breeze.
Watch Amanda and Merrill Make Macaroni and Cheese Without a Recipe
Gouda riddance to powdered cheese.
Wooden Bird's House
For your feathered friends.