If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This can be made ahead of time and used to top anything or used in recipes that call for bacon, and you don't want to use raw (like burger patties). I like to make a full package of bacon at a time. As the heat cooks off the water, it renders all the fat out of the bacon it can. There is no threat of burning until the water has cooked off, so it can be left somewhat unattended until then. The end result is a very meaty consistency and good flavor. Any visible fat is rendered off. —Chef Krull
- Cut strips of bacon the long way into 3 strips and then into small bits.
- Put into a sauce pan with enough water to cover.
- Cook bacon on high until the water has almost boiled off.
- Turn the heat down a little and stir the bacon occasionally. Watch it closely as it starts to darken. It will be done when the water has cooked off and it has deep fried in it's own fat. Be careful not to burn it. It should be a dark red color and not crispy.
- Strain through a coffee filter or a sieve and let cool. Save in a air tight container. Will keep for several days.
That's My Jam
How to freestyle berry jam
Freestyle berry jam.
Lemonade, sans recipe.
We're obsessed: wooden everything.
Green pesto is so last summer.